17 February, 2012

The dinner table with six billion chairs


I fall in love with everyone,
one at a time,
as if each of them awaken
something in me, that says, look how wonderful things could be,
I fall in love with possibilities,
lend me an hour of attention and I will daydream passions
I fall in love with their secrets,
the things they don’t know, the things they don’t show,
I fall in love with the abyss in their eyes,
I am not afraid of Leviathan, or Leviticus, or Lance Armstrong
don’t look, they say, hiding darkness under a lamp,
reckless.
I fall in love with everyone, as if it will take that many,
falling at velocity, unable to stop, falling in, out, through and onto the floor,
I fall in love like a seizure on the bus,
it takes me by surprise, I lose control over my body, and people laugh at my floundering,
I fall in love with strangers that will never love me, never even know my bad habits,  
this is where my heart takes me,
trying to weed out all the conditions
that make others, not worth my love.
I fall in love with life,
by seeing each one of you as a your own little miracle,
I love your stories, I cry when they end,
I may not be able to love my enemy,
but sooner or later,
Love won’t allow me to have any.

No comments: