07 March, 2012

spun


I am not the spider that spun this web.
Nor am I the fly that trembles the lines. 
I am not the eternal light-post, 
or the ancient cedar that hold tether to the end of time. 
I wish I was. 
I could have been the silver globs of water 
that gemmed the seams and cross-sections.
I could have been the field, 
wind in me, crisp in morning. 
I wish I was the youthful sun. 
but I am not.
I could have been the Living River. 
I was once a creek. 
But that was only potential.   
I am not my mother’s forest gone to rest, forgotten. 
I am not my father’s climber of mountains.
I am the man swatting at air, 
clumsy in my fuzzy logic, 
buffoon, 
pulling silk threads from my hair, 
oblivious the beautiful metaphor. 
I am cock.
I am the apocalypse.
of little spider’s webs.

No comments: