03 March, 2012

Stress


Any organism that is under stress
or pressure from its environment,
and it has the capability to adapt
will become intelligent.
That’s what some scientist says about life on other planets.
I took it personally.
the story of my life
stress, adapt, epiphany, repeat.
My life has been extremely painful, but I have enjoyed living
Before the shithole foster homes,
there was vanilla ice and top ramen,
bars on windows
conditional love is a psych-trip
cockroaches, pet rats, bananas crammed into the sink
overflowing, a demonic thing awakens, toddler gets purple legs
I called the police from a phone booth on the corner
it was a tall world,
they hide their drugs in my little brother’s crib
I told the lady in the phone
my rats died in the bathtub, all five of them,
swimming in circles, unable to adapt

No comments: