20 April, 2012

Steven's Day


It is check day
run to the bank and flirt with Katy day
wishing I could think of clever things to make her smile day
it’s the day after not-enough-money-to-eat day
so its smiling miles through a happy mist day
its turn the music up and let them hear you sing day
it is stop in and get some tacos day
it was going to be a “hey, homeless guy, get the fuck out of my way” day
thinking about running over the old man day
it is a look in the review mirror and see his pain-languaged body day
it is a park my rusted truck and wave him over day
a real pleasure to meet you kind of day
we both marvel at how easy it is to have a good day
it is a order whatever you want and here’s five bucks for later day
it’s a tell me your story day
a I was born in Kansas day
spent most of my life in prison day
reformatory at thirteen day
I am too old for this shit day
one of those listening kind of days
turns out to be a he has two sons named Jeffrey day
a “are you a man of god? You must be a man of god.” day
and it is a real “atheist” says “yes, I am.” kind of day
 

No comments: