27 June, 2012

Gamble


Zing. Click. (laughter)
Zing. Click. (laughter)
Two gacked out gangsters play
woops-I-shot-myself-in-the-head
I leave because I don’t believe in luck
I need red vines and a cool breeze
too many fallen angels these days
littering the sides of drive-thrus
no boxes to fill in
no thesis to conclude to
not another round of orally ovulating the dead horse
fuck
pretend you’re not trying to say anything
and you slip up and say something anyway
does that belong to you?
lilacs always dry darker than their mother’s day brightness
we hung them in the windows, by their ankles in the spring sun,
White roses veining blue with food coloring in the vase
waiting patiently for some sort of solution
a solid if not stable way to end all this
happiness churning around inside me
this mass of unused happiness
mere fruit rotting on the counter
I blame Mother’s Art Supplies
pulverized not so much this time
this mind, a sack of meat, won’t work someday
I am in a hurry
to tell you all what happened
but new shit is happening
happening all the time
and one day
it will have all happened
all of it.
Happened.
and perhaps I am insane
why wouldn’t I be
I must write to find out
digging and rooting around in the soil
building books
cordless books for the cordless people
bring all your lead-based paint-chip children
suck some warm kool-aid down with me
and remember Chernobyl day
shaving our heads to look like cancer kids
handing out fliers on dying to the already dead
and enjoying the multicolored
pain filled rainbows
one last breath at a time
because I don’t believe in luck

No comments: