28 December, 2011

Field Guide

You are not alone

as I once thought

so so so solid is the solitude

sad when the whole world

sounded stupid

is there no one in my tree?

it must be high or low

but we weren’t listening right

wit is written by scribes

in times of deafness

not squabbled out the backs of necks

in the backs of busses

Life, is a bee itch

with no calamine

tell that to the kids

tossing rocks in Palestine

You are not alone

Rich kid poor kid

suffering finds a way

I asked to be moved

to another seat, another town, any other another,

far from here, move me,

as taught by Rumi

He said there was a field

out past ideas of right and wrong,

that he would meet me there,

and I stood in an empty field,

waiting for the others

with only wind blowing in the reeds,

You are not alone

standing in line at the food stamp office

I pull my number, and fold my number,

a hungry origami

discovered acceptance, a promise land,

Gilgamesh, you fool, I shared your folly

when are we too old to be heroes?

bread and wine,

my fear of my mortality will not lead me to believe in your fear of your mortality

Let not the rescue claim the life guard

I may not be as right as I think I am

acceptance was the name of the bullet

Hitler loaded into his revolver,

a bunker, thinking he was alone,

we never really are

I will be waiting,

where the reeds tell me about God

No comments: