30 December, 2011

Waves and Parades


When I am dead
I hope you
keep your fingers out of my cake
let me rest
I don’t need a parade
worshiping my mistakes with incense
eulogies are boring
and filled with lies
don’t dismiss my dissidence
so that to you, it makes sense
why I lived with contempt
could very well be a secret
I want to keep
no tears please, they aren’t for me anyway,
I only cry at funerals when I realize that I too will decompose
wishing my casket will be empty,
a flaming arrow to my seabed bound Knar
a sliver of sleep eternally beneath crashing waves
newspapers slander life
why must we focus so much on the end of a story
weeping weepers woeing the unfortunate end
blind to the beauty of the beginning
the miracles in the middle
Cancer car wreck tragic outcome
Please refrain from muttering
Oh he lost the battle to such and such
when, years ago, I won the fucking war
the only tragedy left will be a tragic assessment of my not so tragic demise
I will not be the screaming child on glossy linoleum floors
why only temporary sentience?
nonetheless an amazing thing
this consciousness
spawned from energy, chemistry, and biology
an accident under a fingernail
of a planet in a universe
in the fabric of what the fuck!
When I am dead
celebrate the life you have left
and leave me to the bottom of the sea
where my poetry  will become waves
to beat on the shore

  

No comments: